Ecole W / Ecole de design de Nantes
A one-year international program between Paris and Shanghai, a unique opportunity to combine design and communication !
The MSc* (Master of Science) International Brand Design & Storytelling aims to train in immersion young creative professionals capable of carrying out intercultural projects, creating innovative solutions and working in interdisciplinary and international teams.
During this one-year program, students will learn how to communicate and create a distinctive identity through storytelling and brand content, with a consistent training period in Paris & in Shanghai, creative capitals of the world, followed by a 4-month internship in a country of their choice.
The program is an ideal solution for students wishing to add an international value to their marketing, communication, journalism, management or design background.
*The MSc is a master’s level degree accredited by the French accrediting body “Conférence des grandes écoles” level 7.
Program fully taught in English
This program is open to applicants from all over the world who have completed at least four years of studies in marketing, communication journalism, management or design, equating to at least 240 ECTS credits.
Exemptions after 3 years of studies (180 ECTS) based on experience assessment will be allowed.
If you are not a native English speaker, we ask that you provide proof of your English proficiency (minimum level of 700 points at the TOEIC test or equivalent for programs taught in English).
The pedagogical program is established by L’École de design Nantes Atlantique in partnership with École W.
This program is organized over one year and divided into three parts :
- Paris at W school (from January to March)
- Shanghai at the China Studio of l’Ecole de design Nantes Atlantique (from April tu June)
- Internship from July to December
At the end of course period, students leave for a 4 to 6 month internship (16 weeks minimum) on a stimulating mission, in China, France or any other European or Asian country.
- Fundamentals of Content Creation & Storytelling
- Fondamentals of writing and storytelling
- Fondamentals of video
- Fondamentals of photography
- Public speaking preparation
- Fondamentals of anthropology
- Brand strategy
- Marketing – Strategy and brand issues
- Communication and Advertising – the art of telling a story and selling it
- Events: from concept to scenography for an immersive experience
- Brand content strategy and social media
- Monitoring, analytics and search engine optimization tools (SEO/SEA)
- Luxury, Fashion and Art Industry Focus & Application
- Focus luxury, fashion and art industry
- Agency competition
- Fundamentals of the Design Process
- Research phase : introduction and methodological bases, tools (data analytics, research tools)
- Concept phase : methodology & tools
- Development phase : methodology & tools
- Chinese Business, Culture & Creativity
- Shanghai and Zhujiajiao tours
- Anthropology in China
- Fundamentals of calligraphy
- Chinese culture
- Meetings with Chinese players in the creative industries
- Group Business Project
- Briefing Projet
- Support workshops (budget, law, artistic direction…)
- Exhibition assembly
- Study memory
Job prospects and further education
The MSc International Brand Design trains students to become tomorrow’s entrepreneurs in new forms of intercultural communication and collaboration. It is a living experience that will change its participants, often opening up unexpected, exciting international career opportunities.
Pour en savoir plus
Responsable des études du MSc — Bureau 14
Applications open for the start of the January 2022 school year !
How? Application can only be done on the platform : https://candidature.lecolededesign.com/login
When? Applications are open on the website of L’Ecole de design Nantes Atlantique from January 2021 to December 2021.
How much does it cost? Once you have filled out your personal data, you will be required to pay a non-refundable inscription fee of 150€ to cover the administrative costs of your admission process. This payment is only possible by credit card or Paypal and is fully secured.
The selection process is organized as follow:
- creation of the Applicant Page and payment of the application fees (€150),
- upload of the application file,
- application file review,
- if your application is accepted and if necessary, a face-to-face or video-conference interview will be organized.
12 100 € per year excluding travel, visa, accommodation and personnel costs.
The W campus, located with the Centre de Formation des Journalistes (CFJ) in the 12th arrondissement of Paris, where professionals and students come together on a daily basis to promote creativity, project mode and openness to the outside world. The audiovisual equipment necessary for the training, a TV and radio studio are made available by the school.
Prêt pour les métiers de demain ?
Nous souhaitons former de jeunes actifs ouverts aux différentes cultures, polyvalents, créatifs et dotés de sens critique.